View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 07:06 PM   #172
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you think management without a reputation will tell a veteran player that, "you can't play anymore"? The whole situation does add up. In order to essentially pay for his contract for doing nothing team management would have had to go to Rogers management and give a compelling reason why they should spend that money buying him out. The "you can't play anymore" or some derivation of it wouldn't fly. They're not complete amateurs, and had to produce some medical opinion and/or some argument of Tulo being a pain to be around. As for Troy, I guess as an athlete he needs to get himself pumped, or it wouldn't surprise me if Stro gave him the beachball being the non-pro he is (but that's another argument). But Troy is finished career wise. Great that he has his confidence because that's half the challenge in sports, but his body hasn't been good in a few years and there's very little chance he can recover at this age IMO. So my call still stands at under 50 games played before is released (and we can shut the door on his ass).
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote