View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

There are a few other major questions surrounding the film at this point.
  • How will they deal with Carrie Fisher's death?

I think they'll start the movie with a funeral service with Leia having died in a non violent fashion, or she'll be so devastated by the death of her brother and husband and friend (Holdo), and the end of the resistance just puts down her General Stars and vanishes.

Quote:
  • Will Mark Hamill have any role in the film, possibly appearing as a Force Ghost like Obi-Wan and Yoda did with Luke?

He promised Kylo that he would see him around, he shows up at the very end battle between Rey and Ren and distracts Ren so that Rey can kill him, because I don't think there can be any redemption for Ren, he's not after power he's after killing everything, plus he's too whiny to be left alive

Quote:
  • Will Ewan McGregor and/or Hayden Christensen have any role in the film (on-screen or just voice over as McGregor did in The Force Awakens)?

I'd like to see a holocron recording of Anakin and Obi-Wan teaching some kind of important Force lesson. That's why I really didn't want the Jedi secrets to be books but a holocron. I would have loved to see Ian McDarmid reprising his role as Palpatine in a holo recording.

Quote:
  • It is believed that Episode IX will bring an end to the "Skywalker Saga" portion of the Star Wars Universe. What will this mean for both the future of Kylo Ren and Rey and the overall vision for future Star Wars films?

Ren dies evil, Rey realizes that Luke is right and puts down her sword and leaves and vows to keep the secrets of the force. This kind of goes against the kid with the broom, but its easy enough for him to show up for training and Rey rebuffs him.

Quote:
  • It is believed that Rian Johnson departed greatly from Abrams' original vision for this trilogy in The Last Jedi. Will Abrams roll with it, or will he try to bring things back to his where he wanted?

I think instead of violently trying to bring things back into alignment, they just go with it. Rey's parents were nobodies, bringing them in now as a Skywalker or Kenobi or even a Palpatine (my favorite theory) or a clone of Anakin or Palpatine would be rushed and make little sense now.

Rey is a nobody from nowhere he rose above it to save the galaxy and end the dark vs light battle.

Quote:
  • Also, is there even any truth to the rumour in the first place? Abrams was an Executive Producer on TLJ and everything has to go through the Lucasfilm approval process, so it's hard to believe that Johnson just went rogue and destroyed Abram's vision without his consent. We know that Lucasfilm under Disney isn't afraid to fire directors if they don't like the direction a film is going.

I do think there is truth to it, especially with Mark Hamill saying he hated this portrayal of Luke.

As for bringing on Kerri Russell, she could be the replacement for Leia and Holdo. She could be the replacement for Phasma, she could be a new apprentice for Ren and one of the Knights of Ren who hopefully have some effect on this script.

Also the questions are

Does Phasma return? Hell no they wasted her character and she might as well have been eaten by a sarlacc

Does Snoke return? Nope he was the redshirt that Ren needed to kill to complete his protagonists journey.

What happens with Hux and the first order? When we last saw it the First Order was pretty much crippled. Snoke's ship which was the mobile home world of the First order and main manufacturing facility and a bunch of Star Destroyers were wasted. I believe that in a clumsy way that the First Order and the Resistance are really going to take a back seat to the battle between Rey and Ren.

We're going to have Poe as the leader of a crippled resistance blowing up Hux's star destroyer early on and Finn and Rose will hopefully get the Jar Jar treatment and go off to be smugglers early on. Rey and her faithful companion BB-8 will travel the hero's journey alone.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote