View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #56
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastyEra View Post
Smid has been one of the most consistent defenseman this year, its a shame hes not getting regular minutes because he is one guy I see actually take the body and remove guys from the puck physically. Makes the smart/simple play, uses the glass when hes hemmed in, avoids high risk outlets, ect.
Hamilton has become more comfortable in finishing his checks but Smid punishes guys whenever he has an opportunity.
Defensively I've been most impressed by him. I would definitely like to see him paired with Hamilton to give them a solid look, the veteran presence wouldn't hurt either.
Smid has better zone exits than Engelland and Russell (who are the worst at it) and probably Wideman too. And he's better defensively than all three (Engelland is more physical but gets caught out of position more). Aside from blocking, I'm not impressed by Russell, and Wideman is not good either.

I think Smid would complement Hamilton, more than Russell. I think the real danger is pairing Russell and Engelland. Or Russell and Wideman (notwithstanding last years' success).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote