View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 06:20 PM   #2874
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

King Corbin vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan(W) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Jey Uso (Elimination Chamber)

This wasn't a bad elimination chamber match, it certainly lacked any kind of holy crap moment. They did a good job of highlighting Cesaro and Bryan and even Uso. The Kevin Owen's elimination was strange as he recently had the feud with Reigns. Corbin never felt like he belonged in this group. Cesaro and Bryan came out of this looking like a million bucks. As noted, Sami did a great job in this match as the weasel before bowing out.

Captain rates this *** 1/2 out of 5

Roman Reigns retains over Daniel Bryan

I'm torn on this match as it was obvious what was going to happen and pretty much a squash over an exhausted and injured Bryan. While the match wasn't anything I could grade. The story telling was smart as we felt like we almost got an upset by Bryan on a neat little submission move off of a Reigns spear. So from a match perspective I'd give it a

* 1/2 out of 5

From a story telling perspective, this was well done. It further sells Reigns as a cowardly bully. The aftermath with Edge coming in and destroying Reigns with a spear setting up a wrestlemania match was awesome

****/5

United States Championship -- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle (winner and new champion)

I'll be honest, I don't like Riddle not on any level. His offense looks light, his character is stupid, and he sounds like a real life dirtbag. I also don't understand taking the belt off of Lashley unless the WWE is planning on having him turn on the Hurt Business. It was an ok match, with a some decent moves, and Morrison was probably the best worker in the match. I just hate the result though.

** out of 5.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote