View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 07:08 PM   #20
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Sure sounds like they are far apart on the keys of the deal being retention and the package.

Mercer would be ideal and I don’t think unrealistic if the Flames eat half. I am also interested in Holtz and Nemec (who I can’t see being in the deal in any way).

Watching the segment seems like the deal is going to be too complicated to come to fruition this season and I could see the Flames deciding to keep Marky if this streak continues (Hanifin and Tanev will still be dealt)
If they want him for this season Conroy should demand an absolute ransom. Devils look like an at best bubble team right now, not good enough to compete at all with the top teams in the East and just a borderline playoff team. They have one more year of a cheap Luke Hughes and two more years of a cheap Nemec and after that they have to back up the brinks truck for both. They also have to sign Mercer this offseason and Holtz next offseason. In 24 months they will be shedding salary just to stay under the cap. Their window is the next 3 playoff rounds before they no longer get the ELC bang for their buck on a number of young assets.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post: