View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #33
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I kind of see it as a fad too but I don't at all doubt anyone's positive results. And not as much of a fad as lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup cleanses. While it makes sense to rest your digestive system, you can also do tremendous benefit to your system in many other ways. I wouldn't forgo pre and probiotics for IF. As for the weight loss and metabolism benefits, that is going to depend a lot on your body type and genetics. It's logical to think it might benefit some but not others.
I am not sure there is such a thing as a fad in the weight loss/fitness world. What exists are an endless number of techniques and methods that work for some, but maybe won't for others. At the end of the day though, these techniques are all essentially just different ways of getting people into a caloric deficit. Other than perhaps PEDs, that is the only way to lose weight.

The mistake is when someone claims their method is the best way to lose weight. No, that is just what worked for you, but possibly won't for others. And when I say won't work, I don't mean physiologically, cause they probably all work in that regard- I mean work as far as implementation and keeping up with it. Try the IF approach, for example, when you have a wife and kids that want a normal eating schedule and meal plan...
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote