View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #445
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

My binge continues!

I’ll spare you all the mediocre stuff. Just recommend some good stuff.

Venom (2018) by Cates and Stegman. I only read the first 6 issue arc. 9/10 for sure. My god this was good. And the way Cates linked it back to a random issue of Thor: God of Thunder (also worth reading) by Jason Aaron from 5 years prior was genius, even better since I just read that Thor run a month ago.

I rarely say must read but this redefines the venom character (the symbiote) and also gives us a view of Brock that’s in line with the Venom movie and it works so well. I read the symbiote voice in the same voice from the movie lol. I love it.

I’m buying the rest of this run ASAP.

Planet Hulk. Did I already review this? It’s awesome. 8/10. It’s so similar to Ragnarok but so different. Totally different because no Thor but similar because many characters and the premise for savage hulk and the battle with banner persists.

I was gonna buy World War hulk run too but I heard it’s sucked so I stopped there.

Dr Strange (2015?) Jason Aaron. Only the first volume which doesn’t even finish the first arc, at least not really, so I’ll be getting vol 2 for sure.

Normally not a Chris Bachalo fan but his wacky art works so well for his title.

Thor (2015?) the one where a woman picks up mjolnir and Odinson no longer worthy. It’s presented as a bit of a mystery even though her identity is well known by now.

Read first two volumes. Good not great but I’d still give it a recommend. It involves a bit amount of backstory that I needed to brush up on but wasn’t overly confusing.

Wolverine Origin II. Not without its worts but I’d give it a passing grade and had a neat little twist towards the end.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 02-10-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: