View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 AM   #913
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going to say earlier today after Sherm’s alphabetical post, that the CSA would award based on which provincial or club technical directors they are most aligned with as part of the political party which is the CSA....and it turns out I was more or less right.

Ottawa really gets punished...a team up for review from the regional body (while the CSA stared at its toes and kept quiet) for league eligibility, and they get into the last round, while not playing a game against another team in this country in the foreign league they are in.

A farce and a disgrace, but not a surprise.

Said before, said again, the biggest challenge for soccer in this country isn’t geography or a fractured national team, it is trying to figure out a way to avoid its own governing body.

That organization is made up of self serving, corrupt egomaniacs, no matter who is in it. One group from one section of Quebec or Ontario will gain enough support to run a coup on this group, and then spend the rest of the term defending themselves vs the next group like a high school cliq. Rinse and repeat.

Remember when Devos went there, saying he would bring full transparency? He’s gotten his cut and made to drink the Kool Aid, so he’s lock step with the other thiefs.

I wonder how much of that 2026 WC money has been spent already by those crooks? I’m guessing half the CSA will be travelling to 3 weeks to Qatar for the WC and a few fact finding missions a few times between now and then too. There won’t be enough to have a change kit for the WC by the time, never mind the development programs that money should be earmarked for at least a decade or more post WC.

Edit: Whole Ottawa league embarrassment thing makes sense now, guess who the only CSA board member (of the 14!! board members) who is also a club owner?

https://canadasoccer.com/index.php?pid=4626&t=profile&

Last edited by browna; 02-13-2019 at 01:55 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote