View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I obviously can't disagree with the NBA being predictable, but boring seems misplaced. Yeah we all know the Warriors will be playing either the Celtics or the Raptors, but the on court product has never been better for the most part. That's what makes superteams ruin everything, because if not for that the competitive balance would be such that 6-8 teams could win it every year instead of injuries being the only way it's not a given who will win it all. I don't like having to root for Durant or Curry to get hurt to offer drama. But the game itself is great to watch.

As for the Raptors, I actually think Kawhi re-signing isn't as unlikely anymore with LeBron on the Lakers, I don't think he wants to play second fiddle to LeBron. So it'll either be Clippers or Raptors, so that's a lot closer in terms of choice. The options now with Kawhi and Danny Green defensively are pretty much endless, you could see a small ball lineup of Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Ibaka that would be a major pain to play against with the length and active hands. Ultimately that's what we now know matters, they've fallen apart the last two seasons in the playoffs defensively and now shouldn't have that excuse if everyone is healthy. Offense should be close to as good as last year too. Nurse is fine since they're going for it now so a new system makes no sense, just tweaks is smarter. And they still have assets to do something really crazy at the deadline, so it should be a fun season to follow at least.

As for the rest of the league, I hope the Nuggets take a big step forward, they have potential to be as much fun to watch as the Warriors. I think the Lakers will be in the playoffs, the Spurs playoff streak will end, the Heat will eventually get Jimmy Butler, Cousins actually fits in so well in Golden State that they sign him long term and trade Klay to the Lakers in the offseason, and the Grizzlies are the worst team in the NBA.