View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #17
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Great pictures! I spent a solid half hour looking for Cannons pics not too long ago, specifically of A-Rod, to no avail. Totally true on whoever said you dont know what you have until its gone. I miss those games. I miss pickin on Wabash too, that lazy bugger.
I recall going to a few games when it was 30+ out and thinking that you couldn't pay me enough to be in that Wabash outfit.

I didn't move here until '98, and the first Cannons game I went to, Tacoma was coming into town and for some reason their plane was late. So an hour after the game was supposed to begin, the reports were the team was on the way to the park and king cans were half price until first pitch (which happened to be around 9pm).

I went to a bunch of games my first few years in town. It was hard to believe the difference in attendance between when I first moved here and it was a pretty full park, to the later years when you could hear individual conversations.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote