View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:
Question You be the judge of the incident

Adult Rangers fans steals ball from 3 year old kid

Quote:
Jimmy Trania of Sports Illustrated just tweeted out this video that depicts a pair of people who are among the worst kind of fans at a baseball game: adults who go crazy over balls into the stands, and deprive children of a fun moment.

Really? I mean, really? The young child is bawling his eyes out while his parents (or siblings, whatever) try to console him, and you're sitting there laughing because you got the ball and he didn't? The subsequent replay showing the grown adult laughing about getting the ball that was clearly intended for the child is just pathetic.

If the fans involved were frat boy/valley girl types, maybe I could understand the behavior a little bit. But the man involved is clearly up there in years, and really should know better. He was probably showing off to his younger female companion trying to gain some man-cred or something.

Have no fear though, fans. Traina later tweeted that another fan (not those fans...another one) ended up giving the child a ball. Thank god for that. Let this be a lesson to all fans out there: if you're an adult and you're going to scrape and claw for a foul ball, at least give it to a child afterwards.
http://www.yardbarker.com/author/art...=mb_main_col_8

Insensitive Rangers fans want an apology:

Quote:
"My fiance Shannon and I were honestly unaware of the situation of the little boy sitting next to us last night since we were so caught up in the excited and moment of being at our first Ranger's baseball game together," he wrote in a statement.

They said it has been difficult being vilified by the now-viral video.

"It's very hurtful, especially when you know you wouldn't intentionally hurt somebody or hurt their feelings," Moore said. "Especially when it's a little-bitty toddler."

All was good by the end of the night, though. Someone tossed a ball to the boy from the Rangers dugout, so he went home with his own keepsake. Leonard said in the statement he offered the ball to the child after the ball was thrown from the dugout.

"The irony of the situation is, had we seen that he was upset and known for an instant, there's not a person that knows us that wouldn't agree that we would have given the ball to the child," Leonard said.

Leonard and Moore would like an apology from Michael Kay, the Yankees play-by-play announcer who insinuated that they were being insensitive to the little boy.

"He took an event and sensationalized it, threw it out there, never checked or validated the facts," Leonard said.

They said their phones are ringing off the hook, and the whole ordeal has made their lives miserable Thursday, but they do have something to look forward to.
http://www.yardbarker.com/author/art...=mb_main_col_8