View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #212
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
I dunno, I think Monahan is pretty set as a 30-60 guy. That's great. He could push higher point totals if he has a better option on his RW or if Gaudreau takes another step. But, I haven't seen Monahan's offensive game progress too much from his rookie year in all honesty. I agree he has progressed, but at the other end of the rink. If anything, as Monahan becomes a more complete player, we could probably expect his scoring to level off or decline a bit.

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting him to be a 35 - 70 player. It's possible but it would be because of better linemates, not because of Monahan finding another gear. I mean, what gives you the impression that there's another offensive dimension to him?

What you see is what you get with Monahan. Which is a damn good player.
This boggles my mind about Flames fans... everybody else in the league is going to get better and better, but our beloved Flame is what he is.

You said it yourself - he is getting better and better defensively. Centres are more valuable than wingers, and top line Cs are the rarest of commodities. Even if 30/60 is what he is (which I highly doubt), becoming a more complete top line C makes him an extremely valuable player.

Puljujarvi would need to be consistently producing a fair bit more points points than Monahan to even be in the discussion for being a better player. But let's see him actually make the NHL roster first.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: