View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #207
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaur View Post
Also, Pronman is the biggest sham in the business. His opinions/writing is comparable to low-grade cow manure.
Eh, he gets out there and scouts. It's his personal opinion. I think you have to filter it a bit since I think he underestimates the role size, strength and physicality play in the NHL and therefore underrates certain types of players and overrates others. Certain posters on this site do the same. But I've actually warmed up to him a bunch since he first started doing his scouting. I mean I'd still take Craig Button over him. But as fans we have very little access to scouting resources for free so Pronman has some use as long as you recognize his biases and limitations. He'll likely improve over the years as he finds out he was wrong on certain players and why he was wrong on them and I think we've already seen a lot of improvement in his scouting. In the end I do disagree with him a bunch of but its still useful to hear from someone who has actually seen a player vs fans talking about guys they've never seen outside of clips.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote