View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #5
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is really tough to figure out.

I look at Kylington as the guy with the highest ceiling as he has elite skating ability, can make really nice offensive plays and has such an underrated shot.

Andersson seems to have the highest floor. He isn't poor at anything (including his fitness now, though I am almost holding my breath for training camp this year). He is good in all zones, and though he isn't the best skater, he is by no stretch slow. He is also the most physical out of the three.

Fox is a guy that isn't the great skater that Kylington is, and he doesn't have Kylington's moves, but has Kylington's (unfortunate) propensity for making mistakes in his zone. What he does have in spades is vision. He can create on the rush or as a PP QB with really good passing ability. I am wary about his size - for every small, gifted offensive defencemen, there are a tonne that never make it.

To me, they are all different. I still rank Kylington and Andersson as the 1/2 (and in which order is dependent on how you view their games). Andersson is by far the closest to the NHL, Kylington by far has the highest ceiling, but if Fox manages to shore-up his defensive game then perhaps he can pass Kylington, who still seems to make too many errors in the defensive zone.

They are all unique and play the game very differently. Surprised that Hickey wasn't included in this discussion. I view him as the most complete defencemen, as he is also a fairly elite skater that moves the puck well, and likes to play a physical game. I don't know where to rank Hickey as compared to the other 3, but I imagine Hickey's floor is fairly high as I think his game translates the best at the moment.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: