Thread: Rule changes!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #95
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Why not implement the new rules right after the rollover which is the start of our new year? I am just baffled that all these changes would come 3/4 of the way through a season, I don't get that. A lot of good reasons posted why this doesn't make any sense.

Why now? Why right away? What's the rush?
Our start of the new year is when the playoffs end. Which is basically when all these rules go into effect. The start of the off-season is the start of a new year. So we either do it then or we wait and do it next off-season. And the impacts of these changes are not immediate - everything has a delayed effect.
So if people are serious about making this league better and more competitive then we do it now.

I don't know why you are so worried. You can handle this. You need to find a way to re-sign Nash, Vlasic and Suter. None of the other guys are worth gridding and therefore should not have had any value in the off-season anyways.

Not bringing back Boyle, Vlasic, Lovejoy, and Comeau frees up something like 14M right there. Then look at dealing guys like Stoll (4.00), Vermette (6.3) or Moulson (7.5).

Keep your quality UFAs, flip your expensive RFAs for assets and you're golden.

Not trying to make it specific to you, but just using your roster as an example that things are not impossible.

We've made big changes before
- Switched sims
- Expanded
- Contracted
- Added Agents
- Dumped agents

GMs adjust.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote