View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #34
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've more or less stayed out of it because I'm almost never in the Game Threads, but overall I like it.

So long as its all in good fun.

I dont know why people are getting upset about it, it is the very definition of poking some light-hearted fun at people who are in the heat of the moment and passionate and sober second thought is usually a funny way to look back on that stress.

Its not like anyone is being tarred and feathered or locked in the stocks in the Town Square.

I like the ATL because it gives me (a heavily biased) viewpoint of other fans that I otherwise wouldnt get.

I like WoS because it reminds me of a lot of the thoughts going through my own head when I'm watching the game.

The people who are angry and negative and worried? You could have called me all of those things after the second period last night and my attitude today is vastly different.

I think it adds to the fun, so long as everyone involved understands that its not malicious.

As an aside though, again, as someone who doesnt go through the Game Threads, you could probably remove the Poster's Username. I mean, if the spirit is supposed to be about the insanity of the comment with the understanding of the context in which it was said, it doesnt really matter who said it in order for it to be funny.

"This was the prevailing feeling of the fanbase at this moment as evidenced by these comments."

Just a thought.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: