Thread: [Game Takes] Bolts 6 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #18
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I never have a problem with people having an opinion that is different, or thinking my opinion is wrong. I expect it with everything I put out.

But lay off on the spreadsheet comments, that's a lame way of trying to diminish another's opinion when you don't have a clue how I arrived at my conclusions.

You defend Rittich every day though so I get it ... he can do no wrong.

Then you tell me what I can't say ... that's nice, especially for someone that isn't intending to offend.

Starting goalies stop 97.5% of the easy shots, 91% of the medium tier shots, and 81% of the high danger shots.

Rittich stopped 9 of the 11 high danger shots last night which is right on the average starter level, but he let up 25% of the non high danger chances according to the summary.

That's not a good night.
I understand your position. It’s straight back to statistics to classify as not good. I disagree.

I have read, and respect, enough of your posts to know that you have a pretty good understanding of how stats work and where the assumptions and limitations are.

You must know that classification of a chance by level of danger does not actually correspond to the actual danger of that particular shot.

I’m sure Rittich had a bad feeling night and didn’t enjoy the result. But in terms of what a human can do, given what he was faced with, he was good.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote