Thread: [Game Takes] Bolts 6 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #12
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Tampa’s a deadly team and that was on full display last night. I don’t think many people are blaming Rittich for the goals - as you illustrate they were tough chances.

The flip side is that a hot goalie does make some of those saves, even if the puck just randomly hits the shaft of their stick or a desperation kick just catches a piece of the puck with a skate blade. We saw BSD make those saves earlier this season. We aren’t seeing them as often now, so yeah he’s average at best right now.

He made some great saves last night too, I’m not throwing him under the bus, but if you’re suggesting he played as well as any goalie could I disagree. Look at Markstrom the other night as an example.

That’s why I paid so much attention to shot placement. Mainly one timers off of bars. Things a goalie can’t even get set for. The argument you appear to be making seems to be in favour of luck, not what is controllable.

We all see the shots where guys find the goalie’s glove, or the goalie intends to make a save and puts a piece of his body where he hopes the puck goes, and it hits him. A guy has a breakaway and puts it in to the goalie’s pad, not placing it where he wants to.

Rittich was in solid position on all but the 4th, and even reacted pretty well to where the shots went, but you can see that he is behind the play, because to react to a lot of those perfectly placed shots is pretty much beyond the limits of human capability.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: