Thread: [Game Takes] Bolts 6 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #10
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
He gave up six goals on 27 shots and you think Rittich was decent?

The Flames had a fairly good first, and against a less dominant team they likely come out all right. Line change goal hurt them, and the third goal was pretty unlucky. So yeah average and it's my opinion ... pretty clear actually as my name is at the top of it ... so save me the spreadsheet BS it's a pretty disrespectful response.

Sorry that you are offended. Doesn’t help to come back with shot count and goal count.

Really, watch the highlights again if you must, and tell me what Rittich should stop. Because that was an offensive clinic by Tampa.

Don’t give me shot locations and save percentages, because shot quality and shot placement are more important. Not all shots from the same location are equal.

Goal 1 - one timer from slot, passed from behind net, placed above blocker, bar down. No goalie reasonably stops it
Goal 2 - pass to Paquette in slot, one timer inside trapper side post. Placed perfectly. No goalie reasonably stops it.
Goal 3 - Gio is pushing Gourde through the blue paint right in front of Rittich. At the split second Rittich moves his head to the right to try to see past them, the shot is on the way by. Didn’t stop what he couldn’t see.
Goal 4 - puck is fed into the crease by Kucherov, as Rittich slides across, a tiny gap opens up. Cirelli is in the crease unchallenged and his stick is there to tap it in, while Gio is stumbling behind him. Split second timing. Perfect tap in.
Goal 5 - Gourde tip, redirection inside the post. A goal on any goalie who is in position tracking the shot.
Goal 6 - Stamkos one timer, over the shoulder, top corner. No goalie can physically react in time to stop it. If Stamkos places it where he intends, it’s a goal every time.

Again, I liked his save on Stamkos PP one timer, tracked Erne well on his breakaway cut across the crease

Forget the denominator and watch the game. Forget the other 21 shots. It could have been 6 goals on 6 shots, if those were the shots, and I would say Rittich stopped everything he could.

So average? That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

And my opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Sorry to offend.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: