View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
iggyntangs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
you say you're not trying to cheat any system, but you're asking for advice on how to legally cheat the system?
Well I think that's a bit unfair, I am asking if there are scenarios where I could do something legally. I'm not sure that should be characterized as cheating the system, which would infer illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlamesGo89 View Post
You probably want to talk to an accountant that specializes in cross-border work. You can live in the US under a TN visa of course which would make the most sense logistically as far as what you're proposing-- this doesn't preclude having a residence in Canada as the TN visa is not intended to be an immigration visa. You will get taxed in both countries though with credits for taxes paid across the border (most likely-- again, talk to a professional).
Thanks, but I'm not really looking for 'taxing' advice per se. I know I'm going to need a TN visa period, living in Canada or US.

I'm just trying to see, if there a way I can be enrolled to their US payroll (getting paid USD), but physically residing in Canada...legally?
iggyntangs is offline   Reply With Quote