View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #216
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice! You made out like a bandit on a lot of those prices.

I still have my AMD-bias so I can't make any commentary regarding the 480, but the Z170-A is really easy to overclock with. Hell, it has a 10%/15% physical overclock switch (much like 90s era clock multipliers) on the board itself, so as long as you have XMP enabled RAM (you do!) you can just flick that thing to 15% and enjoy not having to tweak your voltages/timings/multipliers etc. but still get use out of that "k".

[Insert segueway here]

I bit the bullet because I've been mad about the 1080 not pushing enough pixels for certain games at 4K lately, so I ordered another one from Amazon yesterday. Should be here Friday, and I have one of the fancy shmancy MSI HB 2-way SLI connectors coming, which is nice because they are hard to find. Probs won't be here til mid January though so I'll have to use a ribbon connector for the time being.

Also, I have 2x EVGA PowerLink PSU "cleaners" available. I bought them from the US (they don't sell them in Canada yet) on Black Friday for 1/2 price + full shipping (so, ~$45 US), but it turns out I have the only 1080 model that can't use them without heavy modding and reversed electrical polarity (the plugs are flipped). They fit all 1080 and 1070 models that aren't the MSI Gaming series (black/red) from what I can tell. I'd like to get close to what I paid back, but I'll sell them individually for $30 each or $50 for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post: