View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 10:02 AM   #20
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I feel like this is one of the least complicated parts of living with another person. Most people are going to share a level of compatibility that is high enough from the outset, and then most of the rest is going to be made up by the fact that both food and people are very adaptable, especially when it comes to adapting for someone you love.

- Like spice but they don’t? Here’s the hot sauce
- Like salt but they’re off it? If only there was a way to add some to your own plate!
- You’re messy but they like a clean kitchen? Learn to clean up after yourself
- One of you enjoys cooking and the other doesn’t? Give them something else to contribute

I can’t think of an issue that can’t be overcome. Even allergies, which my partner has a couple severe ones… it just becomes a fun challenge to adapt meals so that they still taste great but are safe for them to eat. You learn as you go. Not everything you eat is going to be your favourite thing, so I’m not sure how much friction that would actually cause people. I don’t know, the whole idea seems abstract to me.
I think the bolded is probably key. I can imagine a world where a vegan a professional BBQ competitor don't work out, but really other than that...

My wife doesn't like her food as spicy as I do, so as mentioned I add the spice to mine separately. She doesn't care for sushi, so I eat that at lunch or go out with friends for sushi. She's allergic to egg yolks, so we use egg substitute for a lot of stuff. None of which is in any way a big deal.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: