Thread: "Me Too"
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:35 AM   #55
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
I personally think it's fine to compliment on my own daughter's appearance but I do not compliment the appearance of a young girl I don't know. Just seems like a weird boundary to cross. Similarly, I will compliment the appearance of my female friends in a social setting but I never compliment the appearance of my female co-workers at my workplace, unless we are good friends (meaning we socialize outside of work and have mutual friends). Just seems like another weird boundary to cross. I don't have hard and fast rules for myself. Seems like a matter of common sense and respecting boundaries, although I realize those boundaries are highly subjective.

Do you compliment your son’s appearance the same way you compliment your daughter’s? If you don’t have a son, would you? Do you compliment the appearance of your male friends the same way you compliment the appearance of your female friends?

I am not saying we should treat everyone exactly the same. I am saying we should be aware of whom we treat differently, when we treat them differently, and why we do so. Once we are aware of those things, I think an understanding of if we need to change our behavior will follow almost automatically.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post: