View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:13 PM   #9012
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
You could be right, but a #5D making $3.75M seems like a luxury they wouldn't be able to afford if there's any plan for an upgrade at forward.

The Flames currently have 16 regulars(Including Kylington but excluding Pelletier, and Gilbert) under contract for next season, with a cap-hit of $80.5M. In a worst case scenario that gives them $3M to spend on 4-7 players. However, if the cap really does go up by $4M up to $86.5M then it would make things a little less tight with $6M in cap space, but I still don't think that's enough cap space for any meaningful upgrade at forward.

Also, half the team currently has NMC/NTC for next season.
NMC - Huberdeau, Kadri, Markstrom.
NTC - Coleman, Weegar
M-NTC - Mangiapane, Backlund, Hanfin, Tanev.

That's why, in my eyes, if we're still going for it next year Z seems like he's the odd man out.
Are you counting Rooney? I would imagine he's buried again next season. I would likely pencil in Pelletier at this point, but Kylington is a big question mark for me.

BTW, Mangiapane doesn't have a clause until next season. I wonder if he could be a target since he's underperformed this season. After that he only has an 8 team no trade list so that leaves a fair bit of room.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote