View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 08:42 AM   #2169
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I think the standard for mobility is going to be raised. If you can't run like Herbert, Mahomes, or Burrow...that isn't going to cut it anymore. But the likes of Jackson, and Fields could have shorter careers ala Cam Newton due to how much they run and the hits they take doing it. It will be interesting to see if guys like Mahomes and Burrows can play as long as Rogers once they lose a step and can't run like they do now. But I'm not sure the Rivers and Eli Manning types will be starting for 15 seasons going forward.
Absolutely they can. Pocket passers will never go away. It's proven by the amount of Super Bowl wins as the reigning Super Bowl winning QB is a pocket passer as is most behind him. If I was running a team I would view pocket passing awareness and ability above all else. The best defenses will always make QB's throw from the pocket. I think some of the newer QB's are just better athletes because of the general increase in athleticism from athletes today. Herbert, Mahomes, Burrows all excel in the pocket and scramble only when the play breaks down. Guys like Jackson need the threat of the run to keep defenses off balance but playoff defenses have been able to make him beat them with his arm which is something he's been unable to do.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote