View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #1916
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's the thing...I don't disagree those guys are good quarterbacks but IMO Mahomes is just a level above and shouldn't be mentioned as a comparable. He doesn't have comparables in that group.

Nobody comes close to what he did in 2018, or his super Bowl win in 2019 and a super bowl appearance in 2020. He's on another level this season too.

Watson is probably actually the closest to him stats wise...but his off-field issues leave him a tier below.

Lamar is probably the closest impact wise when he's at the top of his game, but he's not nearly as consistent as Mahomes. Same thing with Allen.

Maybe one of Herbert, Hurts, Burrow, Tua, etc could get to his level but they aren't close yet.

Sure he had the best situation to be groomed into and grow with Reid, Hill, and Kelce, but it's still discounting how good he is if you don't think he's at least one level above those guys.

Honestly he's at that Lebron James level where he could be MVP every single season...but he needs to have a better season than those guys around him because he's so good he almost gets held to a different standard. He had 700 more passing yards, and same passing TDs as Rodgers last year, and his team was just as good, and wasn't even really mentioned in MVP discussion for some reason. Look what happened to Rodgers without Adams, Mahomes loses Hill and didn't miss a beat.

2019 and 2021 were considered down years for him in the regular season. 2019 he had 26 TD, 5 INTS, went 11-3, and a 77.7 QBR, oh and won a super bowl. 2021 he went 37 TDs, 13 INTs, and went 12-5 with a 62.2 QBR. Those are career years for other guys and people call those regular seasons disappointing for him.

I honestly think he's starting to be underrated.

And I doubt the Chargers care if Mac Jones makes the playoffs and Herbert doesnt'...doesn't change that Herbert is the better QB all day long.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 11-21-2022 at 03:10 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote