View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 03:48 AM   #2413
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
I found this very hard to understand, so I'm not sure I fully understand you. You obviously did not support any kind of restrictions for those that are unvaxxed, and instead support the idea that we should have focused our efforts on isolating people who had symptoms? Is this correct?

What would you have done to slow or stop the overflowing of hospitals in this province? The ones that were overflowing with unvaxxed patients during our highest waves.

Because that was the biggest issue of the pandemic, and was the basis for the government pressuring people to get vaxxed.
Pretty close. It wouldn’t have been perfect either, but what they did obviously wasn’t perfect either.

In Edmonton, early on in the shut down they had constructed the butter dome into a giant COVID overflow hospital. By the time the largest waves happened they had already unassembled it all and it was no longer available. What a giant waste of taxpayer money that was. What was the treatment for COVID patients for the most part? Likely oxygen, maybe iv fluids, rest and isolation. What a better place than an isolated hospital setting just for COVID patients moderately staffed, but those staff obviously getting paid accordingly. I think that could have helped a lot saving the spread of COVID throughout multiple hospitals within a city. It also would have kept a dedicated staff not as worried about anything but treating non COVID issues flow going.

It didn’t help that by this time there were mandates in place preventing perfectly healthy (without COVID) nurses and doctors who had made it through the first wave perfectly fine from helping with the next wave, reducing capacities.

There was some merit in having restrictions where there were options for a negative test. While I wasn’t always in agreement with the cycle threshold on the test, it at least made more sense health wise to allow testing to be an option. As soon as they segregated and said that the vaxxed who could also have COVID could do whatever they wanted including flying, restaurants, concerts, and hockey games even if they didn’t have COVID, was the kicker for me. Especially when I had gotten a blood test confirming my previous COVID infection and a very high immunity to the virus. That’s another one that I felt could have been used more to allow less segregation, more normalcy and yet not increase infections.

I know everyone’s situation and experience is different. The people I know who passed on sadly were vaxxed, I have many friends and family that are and are not. The ones who weren’t that got COVID had mild cold like symptoms, the ones who were had minor cold like symptoms other than the ones who passed unfortunately. Since then it seems like a ton of the people I know who had freedom to live normally have missed a lot of days of work with sniffles and coughs while the rest haven’t dropped dead like many said, and some on this forum almost seem like they had hoped (not this poster who I’m replying to, thank you for your mostly respectful back and forth) and have not hardly missed a day of work.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote