View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 03:32 AM   #2412
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Roman14 View Post
Many will say that the restrictions started out as two weeks to flatten the curve but crossed the line when it segregated society into haves and have nots instead of infected and not infected The lack of understanding irked many of the protesters and their supporters.

As for the guns, you do know that it is not illegal to transport an unloaded unrestricted firearm right? Now if there was intent to use that firearm for criminal activity then that obviously changes, and I agree is terrible. However none of this has been proven in court yet and I believe in Canada we are innocent until proven guilty.

Unfortunately I have heard the same about some businesses in Ottawa struggling, but I’m sure it doesn’t help that many government workers who commuted to that area are still working from home. Also that Wellington street and many others are blocked off, not by trucks but by barricades and fences making it harder for vehicles to navigate that area. Can’t blame the trucks for that when they are no longer there.

Debatable but deplorable if it was a person of the protest. Many in the convoy knew each other or had met each other along the way to Ottawa. Everyone that was there said they did not recognize those people and had never seen them at all till that point. They felt that those were people trying to discredit the movement and make them look like awful people when most of them were everyday hard working middle class citizens.

Even if there was one or two people there with racist views it would have been insane for them to fly easily symbols when under the microscope like that. It angers me if that was a set up and also if it was really someone with those views.
The protest was never about race, however it was about discrimination and fighting against it. Neither of those flags you mention support what the protesters were protesting, but it does discredit the movement and offer politicians to pull the race card and discredit the whole thing whether true or not. As for the tomb of the unmarked soldiers, after hearing of the incident(where again nobody knew the individual defacing it) there were veterans who were part of the convoy that volunteered to stand guard of that monument 24 seven the entire rest of the protest to ensure it never happened again. I am not a huge Pat King fan.

Harper did not give a 600 million bailout to “trusted media” in 2019. Trudeau did. Guess who gets to decide who it trusted? And are you going to risk losing that funding by reporting positively on issues the liberals see as negative?
Agree or disagree, they are literally getting funding to be “trusted”
While the other two meds sources are biased(much less true north than rebel yet still biased) they are not getting any government funding. When was the last time you heard a negative cbc Trudeau story? He will go to an event and get booed by protestors and the news will say “poor Justin out working hard for Canadians and these mean people are being so mean.”
The man was basically drunk in a hotel lobby the night before the queens funeral singing bohemian rhapsody, and the news from cbc had a story on how he was interacting with fans rather than how disrespectful he was being,

If PP doesn’t defund them(which I think he will if he gets in) and offers up 600 million to trusted sources I would definitely think their tune may change a bit to get a piece of that pie. I truly hope that’s not the case though.

You are right about biases, I just wish we could combine all four and maybe we’d get some sort of media that was more in the middle. It’s a big ask, but I think I can ask and hope.
Yeah, I'm done with this conversation. You're too far out there with your beliefs/views for me to reasonably discuss this with you. Besides I'm not interested in revisiting the convoy protests anymore. It's pointless and the exact thing that started this whole conversation with Smith. She brought up a divisive subject and divided Albertans. I'm out.
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote