View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 02:09 AM   #2407
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Yup.

For all this waxing about treating people with respect, kindness of differing viewpoints, etc etc, it sure seems to be lacking towards people like, well, in my family - seniors, people with significant health issues, etc.

Respect and kindness for me, but not for thee indeed.
The quote you were replying here was commenting on choosing French fries versus onion rings.

The provincial government chose to restrict those without a vax pass with or without COVID, while allowing those with a pass to continue going to events and restaurants and on flights.

I am sorry that you have family with age and conditions favourable to COVID infections.

I also have a father who is 76 now who had pneumonia at least 4 times throughout his life. He had COVID and was over it in 4 days. I was very cautious about seeing him, and hope others whether they had a vax pass or not were the same around him.

I just don’t understand anyone’s blame of lack of respect for those without the vax pass who were being careful and going out only without symptoms. While possibly forgiving or at least giving a pass to people who went out with a false sense of security and possibly infected others.

You’ve shared a bunch of old tweets of our current premier condemning her and trying to make her look bad and calling her a lunatic. However you’ve not posted anything to prove her claims are false. The one that said that out of the deaths in Canada that week only one was without a vax pass, do you know with 100 percent certainty that that was false. If not that tweet supports her comments and makes one wonder why healthy Canadians without a pass still weren’t allowed out of the country or on a plane at that time.

I know you and most here do not want a government led by her. I still am not decided on my vote but do know it will not be for those that plan on segregating society for any reason in the future. I do very much hope she continues to be honest and open and eventually wins over some of you on other topics. If not it it what it is and I hope everyone gets what they are looking for with their vote.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote