View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #2058
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
Cmyden,

I'm thinking of travelling from Calgary to Sydney, Australia. I've got a search set up in Farecompare, but I am not sure I'll know a good price when I see it.

Typically, what time of year is the cheapest airfare? What airline is generally the best option?

Thanks so much!
Just a note about FareCompare, it sends out a LOT of false positives. Mostly thanks to the fact that it can't calculate taxes/fees correctly. It's ok for a 'where there's smoke there's fire' type of alert though.

To Sydney, the very bottom from Calgary in the past has generally been around $1100 roundtrip after taxes. Mostly it's been United offering the cheapest flights. Perhaps the best in terms of price, but others can tell you it's not the best for comfort.

For some reason April/May flights seem to stick out in my mind as being the cheapest, popping up around the end of winter.

Australia seems to have been more expensive lately though, don't think there's been anything below $1400ish in a while. Seems to be all about SE Asia at the moment for long distance flights.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: