View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 04:00 PM   #2971
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
*raises hand* I think the UCP/TBA contingent are completely devoid of any intelligence whatsoever, and I think that Gondek has been a regrettable choice and I fully have buyer's remorse on voting for her. Can I hold both of those positions and not disrupt the fabric of time and space?

These idiots and lunatics are what they are, but they just said out loud what a lot of people were already thinking. I just hope Gondek is smart enough not to run again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
+1. I think it's possible to hold a view that specific politicians on both side of the political spectrum are terrible.

Personally, I'm hoping we get someone more pragmatic/less dogmatic next time for the mayor's race. Last time it felt like Gondek vs Farkas were two sides of the same coin. I voted "lesser of the two evils" which I now regret.

Maybe Davidson will run again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I'm disappointed in Gondek though she is roughly what I expected. I don't really have remorse though as I still think the alternatives would have been worse.

I particularly wonder where the rezoning plan would be right now under Davison or Farkas. I have a decent understanding of how council and administration actually work, but I'm not sure how differently senior administrators may have read the tea leaves [in terms of how strongly to push the rezoning plan] with a different mayor and/or composition of council.
+juan for "I don't have remorse, I still think the alternatives would have been worse". Much worse. Davison is an empty suit and Farkas was a Manning Centre boob. I think Gondek has made regrettable choices, but either way this council was going to be inheriting a #### sandwich: that's precisely why so many incumbents bailed.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote