View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 05:48 AM   #86
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I haven't followed his saga that closely, is there really no interest?

One of the greatest players of all time, coming off a season where he was probably still United's best player, incredibly marketable to at least sell tickets and merchandise and no one is interested?
Seems unlikely and sounds like club spin.
I mean, the options are pretty limited from the outset. You'd need a club that a.) plays in the UCL (that's his whole reason for wanting to leave), b.) has the financial muscle to pay his wages, c.) actually have a need for him up front. That leaves very, very few options. There's been some mutual interest about a move to Atletico, but their fans have already staged protests against that (since he's played for Real for so long). There were reports that Boehly was interested in bringing him to Chelsea, but Tuchel doesn't want him, so that's off the table too. Bayern have categorically ruled out a move as well. So who's left? PSG could easily do it, but they already have Neymar, Mbappe and Messi ... that would probably put them over the edge in terms of drama and clashing egos, so I doubt they'd seriously consider it. There's just no realistic option out there. Maybe a move back to Italy, but he'd have to give up a good chunk of his wages, I guess.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote