View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #1
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Any Unifi users in the house?

Got a question regarding the Unifi controller.

I've been working from home for some time now, my wife even longer. We both have work issued PC's that I'd really like to isolate completely from the rest of my network. I don't want our personal PC's to be able to see the work computers and vice versa.

I have a USG, 2 switches and an AP, all from Ubiquiti. I have the main LAN and main wireless, the main wireless is attached to main LAN. I also created a work vlan and another wireless network attached to that vlan.

I've created a 2 firewall rules in LAN out that I think should be blocking all traffic between the two.

I open a command prompt and I can't ping anything on the main network from my work PC and from can't ping my work PC from anything on the main network.

So have I done this correctly? What's giving me pause is I applied these firewall rules to LAN out as per a video I watched but then found documentation on the ubiquiti website that says to do this on LAN in.

Quote:
1.LAN IN is where you want to filter all of your LAN/VLAN traffic, as IN is the first point of entry to the firewall, no matter the interface. The OUT ruleset will only be used in rare special cases.
Despite that, it seems to be working as expected? Seems I have much to learn regarding firewall rules.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote