View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #198
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Had Anju a few weeks ago and can't wait to go back!
Anju is a favourite of mine dating back to the early house days when they opened. Roy Oh style is similar to one of my favourites David Chang. Roy is a bit more Korean leaning, David covers all NE Asia.

At any rate they are both very creative chefs and we are very lucky to have a place like Anju in Calgary. My wife is Canadian born Korean and I have spent 15 years eating Oma's food on Sunday. Roy does a great job taking Korean fundamentals and innovating with American influences. My wife and I are always excited to see how his Korean traditional dishes translate.

His hits to me include bokumbop w/ 65 C egg, that burger he did for burger week last year, the KFC sliders, the tacos, the Brussel sprouts, the ssam, and oh my lawd the chicken and wafles he brings out once and a while. So much good food.

Anyways, Calgary has so many good joints now. We used to go to Vancouver to eat but now I find the food there pretty over hyped. Calgary hopefully can keep it up with the downturn. I will be depressed if any of these stellar places close.

Oh and on another note, when you go to Anju get a Hitachino Red Rice Ale, just a perfect pair to Anju food.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote