View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #60
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Yes, I am suggesting that and I'm talking about being realistic.....41 miles is 65km....one way. Factor in traffic that is ten times worse than anything you'd see here in Calgary and you've easily got an hour in a car after a full days work that may have already called for a significant commute of its own.

Calgary or Seattle aside, there is absolutely no way that there are more than a minute percentage of fans that are going to regularly do this to attend games when they have normal life to factor into the equation. Toss our extreme weather into the equation and it would be just as bad for someone coming in from High River or Strathmore during the hockey season.
Yeah, I don't think you understand what its like to live in a big city, nor are being realistic. American cities are about urban sprawl. For example, Its over 35 miles to the arena from where I work, and another 50 miles to my house. That's right, I drive 35 miles after work to catch a hockey game, then 80+ miles to get home. Now that is because the arena is in a crappy location, and I live on the opposite end of town, but I still do that to go to a game. And that isn't that strange. That's why a central arena is so crucial in a big city. You need a good location to reduce driving and central locations do that. Bottom line, 50 miles is not a stretch for someone living in an American city, especially the big ones.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote