View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #55
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
What are you talking about? Tacoma isn't that distant. Its 41 miles? Everett is only 46 miles. For someone in a big American city, that drive is nothing. Seriously, I know people who drive up to 70 miles - one way - for their commute. For Seattle that is out to Olympia or Mt. Vernon. Belligham is like driving from Red Deer. Are you suggesting that people from High River, or Didsbury, or Canmore, or Carseland don't drive into Calgary for games?
Yes, I am suggesting that and I'm talking about being realistic.....41 miles is 65km....one way. Factor in traffic that is ten times worse than anything you'd see here in Calgary and you've easily got an hour in a car after a full days work that may have already called for a significant commute of its own.

Calgary or Seattle aside, there is absolutely no way that there are more than a minute percentage of fans that are going to regularly do this to attend games when they have normal life to factor into the equation. Toss our extreme weather into the equation and it would be just as bad for someone coming in from High River or Strathmore during the hockey season.