View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 02:43 AM   #2251
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Took me a minute to find out what was going on there...those look to be mechanically activated hydraulic calipers. I've never seen something like that before, but those XT calipers are definitely not that. They look to be maybe a bit easier than full hydraulic to install, but I have no idea how they would perform.

Are your cables externally routed? If so, I'd just go full hydraulic, as you can buy them with the lines already filled and attached, like this:

https://www.thebikeshop.com/product/...r-374616-1.htm

Then you replace your levers and calipers. You may also want to replace the rotors, as some pad materials are compatible with some rotor types, so you'd ant to see what is imprinted on the rotor, and make sure it matches. You can mix them, but brake performance is supposed to suffer a bit.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't listen to the guy at the start, and the issues with the switch in the lever. So not so straight forward. You would have to find those hydraulic calipers. Might be the only option.
Theres a few hydro/ mech hybrids out there. I've tried and installed all of them. Originally designed for cx bikes before road hydros were more common.

You get the best and worst of both worlds . Even my yokozuna Ultimos which are the pinnacle of that form suffer to much down sides vs positives. Over heat like crazy on basic 1000m decents as the oil has no where to go . No line to expand up to the reservoir. Even on short hils say 100 m I smelled my brakes .
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote