View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #461
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama64 View Post
The one area where SWTOR is seriously lacking is in the MMO side of things, at least at low levels (I've made it to level 17).

I'm finding I'd really like to do more "flashpoints", but finding people to run them with is an absolute pain in the ass. WoW solved this problem years ago with the LFG system - I'm really missing the ability to queue for an instance and run them back to back.

The LFG system is atrocious - it's identical to the one that Everquest had... 12 years ago. And where the heck is the ability to mark pulls - if you're going to make pulling a game play mechanic, you should make marking part of the base game, not some gimmiky item you have to buy with "social" points.

Single player experience is great though - but I'm really struggling to feel I'll get my money's worth out of it when I have to pay to play. Not sure what that monthly fee is giving me...
Marking pulls:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by waerl
There is an area right above your center hot bars. It has two sections; on the left is yourself with a portrait, on the right is your current target. If you right-click on your current target's portrait, it will give you options for marking.
I think as you keep playing, you might find more of the MMO side of things. The story is definitely single player driven, but every planet has a whole bunch of quests you have to do in groups. I haven't personally found it too difficult to find groups through chat so far, but this could change as server/area density decreases. They do have a queue system for the PVP warzones. Just not flashpoints or group quests. I do like the group conversation system for questgivers and that the start and finish of the group quests happen outside of the instance itself, so you don't have to be rushed by people who just want to blow through and skip the story part of group quests.
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superfraggle For This Useful Post: