View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #74
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have two experiences playing high level sports at a young age.

the first was in hockey, I was benched in overtime of the provincial championship, i bitched and bitched until I was put on, I ultimately scored the game winning goal, felt vindicated.

the second was football provincial championship. I played O-line and I was getting beat like a rented mule. Second half the coach put in our best players on both sides of the ball. We won a close game solidifying an undefeated season.

This was the same year, Both were "A" level.

nevertheless, I don't hold hard feelings in either case, we won in both cases and that's what really matters. 25 years later I still look back fondly on those memories, especially the football one.

Bottom line is, shortening your bench in lower level hockey is ridiculous but starting in Atom, the top tier teams can and should shorten their bench in tight situations. The smartest way to deal with it is have your lesser skilled guys kill penalties earlier in the game or something and of course, winning cures what ails you.

Anything that isn't Atom 1, PeeWee 1/2 or Quadrant hockey should be largely equal,