Old 03-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #66
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am sorry to hear this.

Your son's coach is a ####ing moron.

I am against benching kids at any level.

####ing idiot.
There are various reasons a kid could be benched and different interpratiions of benching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Is this true even at Midget AAA? I would also assume they use certain players in different situations, like if you're down a goal or two you start double shifting your best players. I don't think I see a problem with that in high level bantam and midget.
There are various reasons a kid could be benched and different interprations of "benching". Missing a shift or two late in the game is not being "benched" IMO. The fact that two or three kids have a better chance of preserving the win or scoring a goal to force another game really gives all the players more ice in the long run should they be successful and advance to the next round.

Some kids buy in and some kids don't, some kids really care more about the game and want to be out there while others don't, some kids take a lot more penalties then others, which messes all ice times. I agree that ice time should be equal given equal circumstances but when you have kids who are very passionate about the game and others who are only there because their parents dropped them off that day...