View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #7
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Abby Wambach plans to exit drug company linked to Brett Favre welfare fraud case

Quote:
American soccer legend Abby Wambach told ESPN that she intends to fully divest herself from a concussion drug company that is backed by Brett Favre and is at the center of a Mississippi welfare fraud case.

Wambach, a World Cup winner and two-time gold medalist who is in the National Soccer Hall of Fame, was a member of the sports advisory board for Odyssey Health, a drug company that has said it is developing a nasal spray designed to treat concussions. Odyssey Health's top investor is Favre.
Quote:
In an email to ESPN on Thursday, Wambach indicated it wasn't until she was contacted earlier in the day that she first became aware of "disturbing information" about Odyssey Health. She said she had supported the company as part of a personal effort to lessen the impact of concussion-related injuries.

"Minutes after learning this new information, I initiated the process to immediately and fully divest myself from any involvement -- financial and otherwise -- with Prevacus/Odyssey Health Inc., a process that I insisted be complete by end of day today," Wambach said.

By Thursday afternoon, Wambach's connection to the company had been scrubbed from its website. NBC News was first to report about her cutting ties with the company.
Quote:
"Since I genuinely believed this company was being transparent about a product that could spare the next generation of athletes from the severe impact of concussion injuries that I endured as a professional athlete, I am profoundly angry, disappointed, and saddened by what I learned today," Wambach wrote.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...are-fraud-case