View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #1580
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I don't really want to see a show that shows the inner workings of Section 31. The Deep Space 9 portrayal was excellent, with one man being the face of it. We don't see the shadow mechanics of a ammoral any path to victory, somewhat out of control forgotten section of Star Fleet Academy.

We don't need to see these people debating the morality of their actions, or have characters that doubt the actions of Section 31. These people should be soley focused on preserving not the democracy or human rights within the Federation, but the survival in the face of a hostile government.

These people need to be the dark attack dogs of the Federation with a any path to victory mentality.

Cause a war between the Klingon's and Romulans, if it takes their attention away from the Federation and weakens both, absolutely.

Assassination of foreign government members or human threats to the security of the Federation, its what I signed up for.

Infilitrate members of the Federation High Command and Government to not only protect itself but to spy on suspect members yes sir.

In the excellent Wing Commander novels. They had the "Project" which was an off shoot of the Belasaurus Group.

The Group saw the Terran Confederation losing the War with the Kilrathi because the Civillian Government was inept, especially after the Battle of Earth, where the war was nearly lost due to a lot of stupidity of the Government.

So they decided that they needed to step in and save humanity, and this group of Officers and hard core government members decided to subvert the government, create a lack of confidence in it, and then the Military would step in and stabelize things and win the war.

They tried to convert Admiral Tolywn the main villain later on in Wing Commander. Essentially caused his down fall and then saved him during his trial by subverting the courts.

This lead Tolwyn to the deeper Black Lance Project, where he saw that humans were weak compared to the more aggressive species in space, and that Mankind needed to become like their enemies. So he went forth to reform humanity through a combination of genetically created super soldiers, where wiping out the weaker members of the human race with selective bio warfare, all while trying to create a civil war between human colonies. He felt justified to follow this path again because humanity was its worst enemy during the 40 year war against the Kilrathi.

But I didn't need a novel or game where we peaked behind the curtain of these groups to see the debates and decision making and all of the people involved.

The evil shadow organization has fueled stories and movies and other media game as well as conspiracy theorists anywhere (Free Masons, Bilderberg group (Etc)). But honestly I don't need to know how they work or who does it, I need to know that its there and a constant manipulative threat.
Never read that book but the story cuts hard towards a God Emperor of Dune track.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote