View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #40
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Ah yes 53% of people in Britain are racists
I know, an astonishingly low number considering the Brits I know.....

I kid, I kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I don't see what the big deal with having a second referendum is. When they had the first one, no one knew the terms. Now they know the terms, they should be able to have a say. It's like being asked if you want desert but you haven't looked at the menu yet so you say yes. Then you get the desert menu and it's full of turds and dirt. No one would expect you to still order desert. Yet May seems insistent on shoving turds and dirt down everyone's throat.
This is the thing. I kind of feel that most Brits need to be given something of a pass on the initial referendum because they were fed a pack of 'hopes' that turned out to just be outright lies.

We see it here too. People saying that things are one thing and then it becoming abundantly clear that they have no actual understanding of that thing.

The Brits were told that their current deal was bad and that they could get a better deal (sound familiar?) and would be better off on their own because they were promised this cornucopia of awesome things....in order to go away?

At face value that doesnt make much sense. Does it?

Problem was that nobody actually promised them anything, the cornucopia was lie and the people who lied bailed immediately.

Its like a bad prank where the punking is so bad that even Ashton Kutcher refused to show up at the end.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote