View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #2076
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
There is absolutely zero point of having a Nexus Card in the new international terminal in Calgary. You actually may get through quicker without one. You will benefit in the US with it though.
That's just not true. Our Nexus security set up might be worse than any other major airport in NA but it isn't useless.

I haven't used the international terminal since June but when I did there was a Nexus line for security. It doesn't have a totally separate security screening area like TSA precheck in the US though. It's just like the Nexus line in the domestic terminals. You have a separate line up then join the regular security line at the front. In my experience it is typically faster if the regular security line up is long.

Clearing customs, leaving YYC or arriving, is a way faster and can't even be compared to non Nexus card holder though. I got through at least 15 minutes quicker than my non Nexus travelling companions when we went to the US last year. And that was at about 430 in the morning when Customs just opened. If you're travelling midday and there's a huge lineup, nexus will get you through customs way faster (assuming most/all of the nexus terminals are working).
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote