View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #2065
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I actually don't really understand the significance of this but it sounds pretty good. . If I recall WestJet utilizes these procedures so YYC would stand to benefit in operational capacity with this.

http://blog.navcanada.ca/world-first...andard-at-yyc/
In a terminal airspace, the planes have to be separated either 1000 ft vertically or 3 miles side to side for 2 planes to be considered having surveillance separation, anything less is considered to be a loss of separation.

2 planes coming in on parallel approaches into YYC, there may be a chance that prior to the planes being on final, there is less than 3 miles between them, so what has usually happened is that the approaches are staggered. What this new separation standard is doing is that as soon as the planes are established on the RNP approaches onto the parallels, they are considered to be on final for their respective runways regardless of whether turns still need to be made, therefore, as they are considered to be on final to separate runways, the 3 mile separation no longer applies.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote