View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #78
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harrison has always been a tough player to get a read on. He plays for a team that isn't particularly strong, and they were better in his early years, when he played a more limited role.

During his time in College, Colgate has leaned heavily on its more senior players. In his freshman year, he was the youngest player on the team by 3 months, and almost a year younger than the third-youngest player on the team.

Even still, he was 19 as a freshman. He's actually 11 days older than Gillies but was drafted and played his freshman season a year after Gillies did.

I was surprised that the Flames didn't give a contract to Gilmour last year. I'll be more surprised if they do give one to Harrison this year. However, he plays a very different role than Gilmour, so anything is possible.

The best comparable on the team right now is probably Hathaway. I doubt many of us expected him to be the player who'd get a call-up and stick with the Flames this year. At this point, I doubt Hathaway will play another AHL game.