View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #964
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Still have my job I've had for coming up on 4 months, but am considering actively looking for something else. The company culture and my role is not the best for me, and I'm not making quite what I hoped. Can't see this place as a place I want to work long term.

How do you manage the potential of calls/interviews when you also have to go to work?

Also, I suppose putting a current position on a resume, when the current employer doesn't know I'm going to be looking isn't a great idea?

I think you should keep your current position on your resume. It's easier to find a job when you already have one. For some reason, recruiters seem to fear unemployed people. The new company wont contact your current employer until the very end of the hiring process, so they won't know that you're looking. Of course, there is a chance that someone screws up and your current employer does find out, which you'd have to deal with at the time.

I find it pretty easy to take interviews while I'm at work, but that might be the nature of my position - I can take a call at any time. If you need some sort of special arrangement for the interview (maybe at lunch or after your shift ends), just tell the interviewer that. Be honest about your situation and they will accommodate. Remember, they are asking for an interview because they want to hire you.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wireframe For This Useful Post: