View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 08:03 AM   #11
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
In general, there is clearly a risk for people that are older, or have other health conditions as we move forward. I'm always concerned when statistics like these are being presented; in this case you're being transparent that the sample is mostly older people. At the end of the day, we need to understand the risk to the majority of the population to adapt our public policies. And i would hope people at risk are taking vaccines or whatever else that is available. At this point though it has to be about people making their own decisions. The evidence is pretty clear regarding who is most at risk and if you're in that category and refuse to take a vaccine that will very likely reduce your risk I don't know what to say.

Don't force the vaccines on healthy people that likely don't need it and let them make the choice for themselves. Our healthcare system will not be impacted based on healthy people choosing not to be vaccinated, or boosted, etc.
I really hate this framing of the discussion. Framing is as a choice that needs to be evaluated is a problem. It’s about following recommended medical advice.

Brush your teeth, go for regular check ups, get vaccinated.

It isn’t at risk people versus not at risk people.

It’s at risk people who can reduce their risk of death through vaccination
And
Less at risk people who can reduce their risk of death through vaccination

The group of people who there isn’t harm reduction for is near zero. Please stop framing it like there is a group that it isn’t in their best interest to be vaccinated.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: