View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 04:23 PM   #4272
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huldrefolk View Post
Wait, is "the great migration" interesting, or is it a "non issue"?

I just want to clarify your position, as your statements are contradictory.

(I actually presented the data on state migration to bolster your point that ideological divides will turn into geographical divides as people migrate. I think this is actually quite significant.)
#### you're dense. And I mean block of lead dense. Does context mean nothing to you? My comments were about "a great migration" that would result should the United States break up into independent countries, where the resulting entities would be on their own and people would be forced to make a decision which new entity they would prefer living in. That has NOTHING to do with the current inter-state emigration issue you've raised, which is a big nothing burger as the United States allows for portability of property and funds. In the suggested scenario, that portability would no longer exist, and people would have to choose which "country" they want to live in. They are massively different on so many levels it's hard to believe you some how made a connection between the two. My comment was based on a post-apocalyptic constitutional crisis resulting in the breakup of the United States. I mean, what in the ####???

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
New York Times just dropped what looks like a massive expose on Trump's tax history:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html

I haven't dug into it yet, but the un-shocking nutshell is that he's worth a lot less than claimed, but also may have misrepresented losses to claim tax refunds.
Wonderful. The system is broken. I paid more in taxes this past pay period than Donald Trump did in 2016 or 2017. Anyone who suggests that the system is not designed to transfer wealth from the middle class and poor to the elites has their head firmly entrenched between their own butt cheeks. There is so much wrong with this country that maybe only a reboot will fix. Maybe a breakup is exactly what the country needs right now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: