View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #1523
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Just watched it. My thoughts:
- Canada shoulda been awarded a PK in the 21st. USA scores in the 24th to make it 2-0. Curtains.
- Canada plays a pretty good brand of football. We build plays through our midfield as they show quite well. We don’t just play direct over the top and into the corners. Great to see for a Canadian team
- We actually carried the play most the game, but cannot handle any sort of counter. Our back line is very poor defensively. Ball watchers, leaving guys wide open in our own 18 even
- Tough not to go out on a break like that, but Borjan woulda been better off staying in his net on the 2nd goal
- Davies is really establishing himself. His speed with and without the ball is his obvious strength, but what stood out to me was how good he is in tight quarters. Playing with Bayern is paying off
- Obviously a typical Canadian result in a game that means something, but we weren’t outplayed to the tune of 4-1.

I like the direction of the CMNT. I like the brand we’re playing. Excited for the future tbh. 2062 WC here we come!
Haha, I know you meant 2026 WC, but 2062 is probably more accurate anyway. I think the first US goal was offside. I guess it deflected off a defender but I couldn't see that on the replay.

But, you're right. The backline was completely shambolic and that killed us. We couldn't handle the break and didn't look great on set pieces either.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote